NCA and Civil Asset Recovery Solicitors
If you are a Respondent in civil asset recovery proceedings, or you have been served with a Property Freezing Order ('PFO') then you need expert advice in this specialist field.
At Brett Wilson LLP, our lawyers have been involved in some of the leading litigation in this area. This firm was responsible for securing the principle that legal fees ought to be made available from frozen funds under a PFO where it is equitable for such exception to be made (see SOCA v A 2011 EWHC 1551.)
For a confidential discussion about your case, please contact a member of our approachable and knowledgeable team, either by telephoning 020 7183 8950 or by sending us an email.
Under Part 5 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the National Crime Agency is able to make a civil claim in the High Court for recovery of assets belonging to any individual or corporate body on the basis that any asset was acquired through ‘unlawful conduct’. The remedy sought by NCA is known as a civil recovery order.
Under Part 6 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the National Crime Agency can assume the powers of HMRC tax inspectors and claim unpaid taxation where they suspect income or capital gains are accrued from criminal activity.
At Brett Wilson LLP you can trust us to:
- Advise you on the scope of Property Freezing Orders and negotiate on your behalf regarding living expenses and other forms of variation.
- Make applications for discharge and variation of Property Freezing Orders.
- Prepare disclosure statements in compliance with High Court Orders.
- Advise and represent you in defence of claims for civil recovery.
- Represent clients in interviews compelled by Disclosure Orders.