Representation at GMC hearings
Our regulatory and disciplinary team offer a personalised service for doctors and medical students facing General Medical Council (GMC) proceedings that concern their fitness to practice.
At a difficult time we can provide you with support and expertise. Our complete service includes the following:-
- Representing and advising you in investigations/proceedings brought by the GMC
- Making written representations on your behalf and corresponding with the GMC and other parties where necessary
- Obtaining and preparing evidence in support of your defence
- Analysing the strength of the GMC's case and giving you clear advice
- Presenting your case in the best possible way
- Arranging advocacy with specialist counsel at hearings before the Medical Tribunal Service (MPTS)
- Arranging advocacy for any hearing for an interim order to restrict your ability to practice.
- Advising you on the scope of appealing any finding to the High Court
- Representing/advising you in criminal proceedings before the Magistrates' Court or Crown Court
- Representing/advising you at the police station.
- We regularly defend doctors facing a spectrum of allegations in a variety of different forums.
- We offer fixed-fee preliminary consultations. A consultation will help you understand the legal and practical issues relating to your case and allow you to make an informed decision about what action to take.
We offer fixed-fee preliminary consultations. A consultation will help you understand the legal and practical issues relating to your case and allow you to make an informed decision about what action to take.