Civil litigation is conducted within a complex framework of rules setting down law and procedure. As one of our clients you can be assured that we have an impressive track record in dealing with a broad range of civil litigation cases from the small claims court to the High Court.
We understand that budget is important and will always advise you whether legal costs are likely to be proportionate at the outset of your case. Whether you are bringing a claim, or defending a claim, you can rely on our expertise in negotiation to seek settlement where possible.
We can provide immediate advice upon a full range of litigation matters.
In most instances we also offer fixed-fee preliminary consultations. A consultation will help you to understand the legal and practical issues relating to your case and allow you to make an informed decision about what action to take.
What our Civil Litigation Solicitors can do for you
Brett Wilson LLP’s experienced team can:
- Provide advice to those contemplating litigation or subject to the threat of litigation.
- Draft Letters of Claim and Letters of Response
- Engage in pre-action negotiations in an attempt to seek resolution before litigation.
- Instruct experienced counsel to assist you in all stages of litigation, including applications and at trial.
- Arrange for properly formulated pleadings
- Prepare evidence in support of a pleaded case.
- Consider whether there is scope for mediation or any other form of alternative dispute resolution.
- Advise on whether it is appropriate to make a ‘without prejudice’ offer and, if so, the timing and compensation of the offer.
At Brett Wilson LLP we pride ourselves in offering a quality service at competitive rates. Nevertheless, litigation can be expensive. Therefore at the outset of your case we will conduct a cost benefit analysis with you (for example, if your case succeeded would your opponent able to be any judgment or costs order?) We will talk you through this process. At all times our aim is to give you the best and most practical legal advice at a fair price.
Contact our Civil Litigation Solicitors
We offer fixed-fee preliminary consultations. A consultation will help you understand the legal and practical issues realting to your case and allow you to make an informed decision about what action to take.
Please note that we do not generally undertake the following types of litigation: actions/complaints against the police, clinical negligence, contested probate matters, debt recovery, employment law, housing, immigration, insolvency, landlord/tenant, mental health law, personal injury, planning disputes or property litigation. Information on firms that undertake this work can be found at the Law Society’s website by clicking here.
We do not undertake civil litigation on a legal aid basis. Information on legal aid can be found at the Government’s benefits and credits website by clicking here.