High value building and construction disputes
When it comes to building work, what starts as a dream can too often turn into a nightmare.
Claims concerning concerning building work are amongst the most common before the civil courts. They may involve delay and/or poor workmanship, or constant calls from the builder for further money. In extreme cases 'cowboy builders' may set up a construction company, take a deposit and then wind the company up without even starting work. Construction disputes can range from the straightforward to the complex, the latter often requiring expert evidence.
Where a building project looks like it might be taking a wrong turn, it is normally prudent to seek specialist legal advice before committing more funds or confronting the builder directly. Understanding the legal position and putting together a considered strategy is normally the key to obtaining the most favourable outcome, whether this is completion, formal legal action or loss mitigation.
Our specialist building dispute solicitors have extensive experience in providing dispassionate legal advice to individuals and businesses in building/construction disputes.
How we can help
We can assist with the following:-
- Advising you on the legal/contractual position
- Asserting your legal rights in pre-action correspondence (including under the Pre-Action Protocol for Construction and Engineering Dispute)
- Pursuing claims, including for breach of contract, negligence and fraud
- Instructing expert witnesses
- Representing you in any arbitration proceedings
- Arranging and representing your interests in mediation
- Insolvency matters, including 'clawback' proceedings where a builder winds up their company
- Considering whether any related claims for professional negligence (e.g. against architects) may exist
Why should I instruct Brett Wilson LLP?
In short, to ensure that you have the best team fighting for you and to maximise your prospects of success. Our work and client care is of the highest standard. Every matter has partner involvement. We work with a range of top KCs and junior barristers, to suit most budgets.
At the outset of your case we will conduct a cost benefit analysis with you and talk you through your options. We offer honest and pragmatic advice to our clients.
How do I instruct Brett Wilson LLP?
Get in touch with one of our building dispute solicitors by sending us an email, completing our online enquiry form or calling us on 020 7183 8950. If emailing or using the online form, please provide a short outline of your situation.
Where possible, we recommend that you contact us before asserting any claim.
Costs information will provided following your enquiry.
Contact us to request a consultation
Call 020 7183 8950
or send us a message.