Assault and offences of violence
Have you been arrested on suspicion of assaulting somebody? Offences involving alleged violence increase in their seriousness from common assault to causing grievous bodily harm. If you are under investigation by the police then it is very important to be able to access advice and representation from expert solicitors specialising in allegations of assault with a history of dealing with these cases. You may need to be interviewed at the police station or you might have been asked to attend a Magistrates Court because you have been charged with an offence alleging violence.
Types of assault offence
- Common assault
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- Grievous bodily harm
Brett Wilson LLP is a leading firm in criminal defence work. The department is headed up by Nick Brett who is recognised by Chambers and the Legal 500 directories as a leader in this field. We provide the very highest quality representation at a fair and competitive price. We are fiercely committed to protecting the reputation of our clients. We are often successfully able to persuade the police or prosecuting authority to discontinue investigations and prosecutions and offer committed quality representation throughout.
What we will do for you
At Brett Wilson LLP you will benefit from:
- In-depth analysis and scrutiny of the evidence relied upon by prosecuting agencies.
- A no-nonsense, jargon-free explanation of the legal issues in your case.
- Advice on plea.
- First class advocacy services in both the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court.
- Quality counsel with proven and appropriate experience.
- Applications to dismiss charges where appropriate.
- Reliable advice and expert representation in applications for bail including the removal or variation of conditions.
- Expert advice on matters ancillary to any prosecution including abuse of process.
- Advice and representation in relation to any restraint order obtained by the Crown.
- The proofing of defence witnesses.
- The preparation of documentary and other evidence in support of your defence case.
- The provision of quality expert witnesses to assist with the presentation of forensic and medical evidence.
- An experienced team who will conduct negotiated settlements with prosecuting authorities where appropriate.
- Advice on prospective appeals.