Listed in the Legal 500 as a leading firm in the field of criminal litigation, Brett Wilson LLP’s criminal defence team is headed up by Nick Brett, who is ranked by Chambers and Partners as a leading individual in criminal litigation.
We offer a personal service tailored to your needs. We will always keep you abreast of developments on your case and will ensure that you understand what is happening. Our criminal litigation solicitors are trained to appreciate and respond to your needs.
Criminal proceedings can be complex and lengthy, with potentially devastating consequences. At Brett Wilson LLP we understand that facing a criminal prosecution can be an extremely difficult experience. When you choose us to represent you, you can be assured that you will be in safe and experienced hands. At Brett Wilson LLP you are paying for the best when circumstances dictate that nothing less will do.
Many traditional criminal firms instruct in-house solicitor-advocates to undertake Crown Court advocacy. At Brett Wilson LLP we only use specialist barristers from the leading chambers. Counsel instructed on your behalf will always possess an excellent track record in their area of expertise. As one of our clients, we always ensure that we find the most appropriate advocate to defend you, whether this is at a Magistrates’ Court or the Crown Court.
Our case preparation is second to none. We will perform a detailed analysis of the evidence, take your instructions and look for any and every opportunity to attack the prosecution case.
Our Criminal Litigation service
At Brett Wilson LLP you will benefit from:
- In-depth analysis and scrutiny of the evidence relied upon by prosecuting agencies.
- A no-nonsense, jargon-free explanation of the legal issues in your case.
- Advice on plea.
- First class advocacy services in both the Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court.
- Quality counsel with proven and appropriate experience.
- Applications to dismiss charges where appropriate.
- Reliable advice and expert representation in applications for bail including the removal or variation of conditions.
- Expert advice on matters ancillary to any prosecution including abuse of process.
- Advice and representation in relation to any restraint order obtained by the Crown.
- The proofing of defence witnesses.
- The preparation of documentary and other evidence in support of your defence case.
- The provision of quality expert witnesses to assist with the presentation of forensic and medical evidence.
- An experienced team who will conduct negotiated settlements with prosecuting authorities where appropriate.
- Advice on prospective appeals.