Skip to main content Make an enquiry

Travelling abroad with children following parents’ separation

Family holidays abroad with children are high on the agenda as the pandemic recedes into history.  However, if your relationship with your child’s other parent has ended, you need to be careful to ensure that taking your child out of the country is lawful and does not trigger a serious dispute with your former partner.

Conversely, if your former partner has strong overseas connections, you may fear that they wish to leave the country with your child against your wishes, perhaps never to return.

We can assist where:-

  • One parent is refusing to consent to you taking a holiday with your child;
  • You wish to take your child out of the country for longer than is allowed under a Child Arrangements Order which is in place;
  • Your child is in the care of the other parent and you are concerned that they may intend to leave the jurisdiction with your child;
  • There is an issue over who should hold the children’s passports day-to-day.

We will consider your circumstances, the results you wish to achieve, and talk you through any of the practical and legal issues involved before setting out the options available to you. To request a preliminary discussion please send us an email, complete our online enquiry form or call us on 02071838950.


We regret that we do not accept instructions on a legal aid basis.


Contact us to request a consultation

Call 020 7183 8950
or send us a message.