Skip to main content Make an enquiry

Travel abroad with children following parents’ separation

Family holidays abroad with children are back on the agenda as COVID-19 lockdown restrictions lift.  However if your relationship with your child’s other parent has ended, you need to be careful to ensure that taking your child out of the country is lawful and does not trigger a serious dispute with your ex.

Conversely, if your former partner has strong overseas connections, you may fear that they wish to leave the country with your child against your wishes, perhaps never to return.

We can assist where:

  • One parent is refusing to consent to you taking a holiday with your child;
  • You wish to take your child out of the country for longer than is allowed under a Child Arrangement Order in place;
  • Your child is in the care of the other parent and you are concerned that they may intend on leaving the jurisdiction with your child
  • There is an issue over who should keep the children’s passports

We will consider your circumstances, the results you wish to achieve, and talk you through any of the practical and legal issues involved before setting out the options available to you. To request a preliminary discussion please send us an email, complete our online enquiry form or call us on 02071838950.

Contact us to request a consultation

Call 020 7183 8950
or send us a message.

Cookies are used to personalise this website for you and to analyse how the website is being used. You give us your permission to do this by clicking the “agree” button or by continuing to use the website having received this notification. You can find further information on cookies in our cookie policy.