Skip to main content Make an enquiry

Restraint orders

The first strike in litigation, whether civil or criminal, may take place before any action has even started. Freezing injunctions and restraint orders are draconian and can prevent you from using your own assets for general living expenses and to fund legal advice and representation.  As such, it may be necessary to urgently negotiate or apply for a variation of the Order.

The Crown Court has the power to grant a Restraint Order over the assets of any individual on application, without notice, brought by any qualifying investigative agency of the state.   Likewise, in civil proceedings, the High Court has the power to issue freezing injunctions with wide ranging power over assets. In both cases, a respondent may be required to make disclosure under penalty of contempt.

The ramifications of a restraint order or freezing injunction can be catastrophic for a company or individual. Brett Wilson LLP freezing and restraint order solicitors can support you through what can be an uncertain and difficult time, you will gain access to a team of committed professionals who will do everything in its power to help.

Our team is here to:

  • Provide expert advice and representation to parties on the making of an application to vary restraint orders to ensure outgoings can be met from the outset.
  • Advise and represent parties on the making of an application to discharge a Restraint Order or Freezing Injunction.
  • Advise parties on the merits of seeking a freezing injunction in relation to a prospective claim.
  • Provide advice on funding issues where assets are restrained and it is not possible to obtain legal aid from the Crown Court.

Contact us

To arrange a preliminary consultation or to find out how we can support you, simply send us an emailcomplete our online enquiry form or call us on 020 3811 2560.

Contact us to request a consultation

Call 020 7183 8950
or send us a message.

Cookies are used to personalise this website for you and to analyse how the website is being used. You give us your permission to do this by clicking the “agree” button or by continuing to use the website having received this notification. You can find further information on cookies in our cookie policy.